Keep calm and carry on: Kinder Morgan awards construction contracts while it awaits judicial review
Kinder Morgan announced the signing of six MOUs (memorandums of understanding) for the pending construction of its Trans Mountain Expansion Project (TMEP).
The six contractors include:
- Midwest Pipelines for the Edmonton/Yellowhead segment
- Ledcor Sicim Limited Partnership for the North Thompson segment
- Surerus Murphy Joint Venture for the BC Interior
- Macro Spiecapag Joint Venture for the Coquihalla – Hope corridor
- Somerville-Aecon Energy Group for the Fraser Valley area
- A Kiewit and Ledcor joint-venture for the Lower Mainland scope which includes the Burnaby Mountain tunnel as well as the Burnaby, Sumas and Westridge Marine Terminals.
Kinder Morgan says the contractors are a mix of unionized and non-union labour.
BC's NDP government is still looking at all legal avenues to overturn the federal government's approval of the project and has been granted a "late-entry" intervenor status on pending legal challenges. The provincial government is barred from raising new issues or introducing new evidence during the hearings, scheduled to run from October 2nd to the 13th.
Kinder Morgan Canada expects to begin construction on TMEP this month, running through 2019.
TRANS MOUNTAIN TRANS MOUNTAIN ANNOUNCES CONTRACTORS FOR EXPANSION PROJECT
TRANS MOUNTAIN TMEP CONSTRUCTION JOBS: CONTACT INFO
CDN PRESS COURT RULES BC WILL HAVE INTERVENER STATUS IN TRANS MOUNTAIN CASE